Malabar Spinach Stir Fry
(Trisha pramanik, Bengal)
2 big bowls of Malabar spinach chopped
1 onion chopped
2-3 garlic chopped
4-5 green chilies chopped (or less)
1 tsp 5 spices
½ tsp turmeric powder
Oil as needed
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Heat oil and lightly brown 5 spices and green chilies.
2. Add garlic (crushed or chopped) and saute well, adding onion.
3. Add chopped vegetables and saute well, adding salt and turmeric powder.
4. Add spinach and saute well.
5. Cover and let it cook well. (I would skip this step. Longer cooking makes the spinach slimy).
6. Add sugar, stir, turn off heat.