Would you like to empower yourself and at the same time do something good for your LA community? Our LA Green Grounds Garden is cared for by our incredible Volunteer Garden Keepers every Tuesday and Saturday, 9 am - 12 pm.
Please Volunteer and Sign up to Help Tend LA Green Ground's Teaching Garden in Los Angeles.
By volunteering with LAGG you can learn how to:
- Grow fresh, local, healthy and seasonal food.
- Cook healthier meals.
- Make less waste.
- Be more resourceful with what you have.
- Improve your mental and physical fitness.
- Socialize outside of your usual circle and learn about other cultures.
- Foster your sense of connection to the land.
- Contribute in our community, for a greater sense of belonging.
If any of these things interest you, please volunteer to become a Garden Keeper!
TO SIGN UP:
1. Click link on a month below to select a date to sign up to help care for LAGG's Teaching Garden. For everyone's safety, please sure to only sign up on date(s) that are not full. Maximum # of Volunteers: Tuesdays: 6 and Saturdays: 10. (See instructions below if you need help.)
HOW TO ADD YOURSELF TO THE CALENDAR:
A. Click the month calendar link above you want to edit.
B. Log into Google*
C. Click "Open in Google Docs" at the top of the page to edit calendar/add yourself to a volunteer day.
D. Close window.
*If you do not have/know your Google login (eBay, YouTube, gmail, Google Business, etc.), or if you have difficulties adding yourself to the calendars, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know:
- Which DATE you are able to work in the garden
- Your name, phone number and email
- If you are able to commit on a monthly basis, please let us know that as well, and will add you to the schedule on an ongoing basis.
2. Please also click here to add yourself to our Volunteer Database. This second step is important so we can contact you if there is a change in plans.
LA Green Grounds Teaching Garden
Boden Street and Carmona Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90016
(Located at the east end of the Good Earth Community Garden.)
Please wear a hat, closed-toe shoes, and sunscreen. Please bring gloves and water. During COVID-19 Pandemic, please wear a mask and practice social distancing while working in the garden.