This is a great “clean out fridge“ dish.
So, use what you have...
- Japanese fish broth (you can substitute with vegetable or chicken stock)
- yard long beans
- cherry tomatoes (you can substitute with regular tomatoes, cut up)
- malabar spinach
- bits of beef
- leftover corn
- udon noodles
- a dash of soy sauce
- ginger (optional)
- 1 Tb butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tb Harissa
- 2 Tb mint
1. Cut yard long beans into 4-5” pieces
2. In a very hot pan, blister beans.
3. Remove beans and put in a bowl.
4. Fry and blister tomatoes.
5. Add beans back
6. Mix of butter, Harissa, honey, lime juice.
7. Add butter mix to frying pan.
8. Stir beans and spices together.
9. Sprinkle chopped mint over and stir.
It's ready to serve. Delicious!
Contributor: Florence Nishida