(Sabitri pramanik, Bengal)
500 grams (1 lb) Malabar spinach
300 grams (10.5 oz.) prawn
1 onion chopped
4-5 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp. red chili powder
½ tsp. turmeric powder
½ tsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. five spices
2-3 green chilies chopped
To taste – salt and sugar
Oil as needed.
1. Heat oil and lightly brown five spices and green chilies.
2. Add prawns and lightly fry, adding onions and garlic.
3. Add chopped Malabar spinach leaves and stems.
4. Saute well, adding salt and turmeric powder.
5. Cover it till it becomes salt (less than 5 min.)
6. Add red chili powder, stir well.
7. Add sugar, mix well.
8. Serve the dish with rice.