With a little bit of leftover chicken, last night’s string beans, and the small kuri squash I’d been letting cure, I made a tasty fast dish flavored with miso and a dash of soy sauce.
- First, I cut up the kuri and saved the seeds for planting next spring.
- Then I sautéed the kuri until lightly brown and removed from pan.
- In same pan, I sautéed the chicken that I had cut into bite-sized pieces.
- I then tossed the kuri back into the pan, added 1 T miso, small bits of small julienned ginger, leftover green beans (you can also use or chard or spinach), dash of soy sauce, add enoki (or any kind of) mushrooms.
- Heat and stir all.
- Serve with rice and a green vegetable.
Photo credit: Creative Commons Joho345 on Wikipedia
Do you like this post?