At the end of February, garden keepers planted just 6 sprouted potato buds. By The end of March, we had lush green plants. And by the end of May, Florence advised us that it was time to harvest our potatoes.
- plant potato buds deep
- cover potato buds with mounds of dirt and hay as they grow
In June, the old potato bed was dug up and compost added to plant squash there next. Found a few more potatoes! Good finds!
That was a good place to plant them - and people really took care to water that bed.
- Keep the potatoes out of sunlight
- It only takes 15 minutes exposure for that green skin to develop, which is toxic to eat
- Peel off the green part and still eat the potato
- Don't leave potatoes out on the bed to "cure" - you bring them into shade right away
Contributed by Naba, Grace and Florence
Do you like this post?
Sign in withFacebook Twitter