Learn how to grow your own organic vegetable garden with LA Green Grounds!
Sign up for our Autumn 2022 Grow Los Angeles Victory Garden class series, 4 consecutive Sundays:
September 18, 25, October 2 and 9th from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (with 1/2 hour break)
What: Among the topics we will cover are where and what to plant, soil properties and care, irrigation, compost, garden insects, weeds, growing from seeds and seedlings, harvesting, what to do with what you grow and much more.
Instructors: Master Gardeners Mary MacVean and Kevin Ridley
Class fee: $55 for the series.
Class size limited to first 18 students to register below.
What to bring/wear: Wear sunscreen, a hat, and sturdy closed-toed shoes at the garden. Bring your completed Release of Liability*, a re-usable water container and a snack.
- Bring proof of vaccination
- Wear masks during class, except lunch break
- Maintain distancing - 5-6 ft
- Show negative test results within the last 24-48 hours
We will have masks, hand sanitizer, soap and water available. Students will work with a teacher in small groups of 6 or fewer students
- For best user experience, we recommend that you do NOT use Firefox browser to register.
- Classes are popular and typically fill up quickly. If Registration status shows Closed/Class is Full and you wish to be added to our Wait List, please send send an email to [email protected] with your request, your name, your email and the best telephone number to contact you. Should we have any cancellations, we will reach out to those on the wait list, one person at a time. A timely response and payment will be crucial to be sure any vacancies are filled. As LA Green Grounds is supported by volunteers, be aware the telephone call may come from a number you do not recognize.
Boden St and Carmona Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Google map and directions