CLASS IS NOW FULL. NO NEW REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN.
PLEASE CHECK BACK ON OUR CALENDAR AS FUTURE EVENTS ARE POSTED.
You helped build the LA Green Grounds Teaching Garden!
I invite you to join the first gardening class I will teach there, starting this month!
WHEN: Sundays, September 17, 24, October 1 and 8, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
ADDRESS: Carmona Ave & Boden St., LA 90016
In four meetings, you will learn how to create your own garden and grow fresh, organic produce. Attendance at all 4 meetings will earn you a Certificate of Completion as an Urban Gardener.
I will teach you:
1. What, how, and when to plant
2. How much and how often to water and fertilize (with compost you make yourself)
3. How to test and improve your soil
4. How to control insect pests and recognize "good bugs".
5. How to increase yield and add variety.
6. How to prepare and taste new vegetables
THE CLASS IS ENTIRELY OUTDOORS AND VERY HANDS-ON.
I will provide lots of handouts so you'll have a good resource book on gardening.
The class is limited to 15 students, and REGISTRATION CLOSES Sept. 15.
$55 for 4-class series / $40 Neighborhood Discount Rate for zip codes 90016, 90017, 90018, 900011, 90062.
Fees are payable for the series in advance:
Make check payable to : LAGG @ LACGC
Mail to: LAGreenGrounds
PO Box 165, Topanga Canyon, CA 90290
Or bring a check/money order/cash to the first meeting, Sept. 17. Subject to availability. Sorry, I'm not set up for Pay Pal or credit card payment.
PLEASE BRING TO THE FIRST CLASS:
1. 1 cup of YOUR soil in a glass (not plastic) jar with a tight-fitting lid and a label with your name (clear off organic debris from soil surface, dig down about 5" to collect the soil).
2. WATER BOTTLE, SNACKS, A FOLDING CHAIR, and also, bring a 3-ring binder, paper and pen.
3. Come prepared: wear sensible clothes and shoes, sunhat and sunscreen.
Please see the flyer for registration instructions, discounted fees, and contact information and share it with friends and colleagues.
Looking forward to seeing you! Call or email if you have any questions.
UCCE Certified Master Gardener
GLAVG (Grow LA Victory Garden) Coordinator